Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hello, blog, I'd forgotten all about you...

Still still-alive almost a year later. Coincidentally enough, just got back from another trip to Scotland, too.

Went up to stay with my folks, with the same two friends as last time. Another good time had by all. Again, ate too much and drank too much. Didn't smoke any ciggies this time, though. Haven't had one since Christmas. As I said in the last post, having the old type-2 means that things have had to change.

Do I miss smoking? Yes, every now and then; especially when I'm stressed. I also quite fancy one occasionally when I have had a few drinkies and am with a group of friends who are smoking. It's easy enough to resist though, as was quitting itself. No patches, no hypnosis, no acupuncture (God, no acupuncture! Never!). You just decide not to do it any more and don't. Simple as that.

It seems amazing to me that it has been nearly a year since I made an entry here. I read one or two blogs every day, yet, somehow, I never seemed to be able to get into the habit of writing one. Odd that. Maybe it seems, subconsciously, to be a chore, so I put it to the back of my mind - and the bottom of the priorities list.

However, I suppose also that it's probably because it's not in my nature to vent in public. When I am having one of my rare "down" times, I withdraw into my shell and sulk about it. I don't burden other people with my problems; in fact, I couldn't burden other people with my problems. It's not the way we brits do things, don'tchaknow? Stiff upper lip and all that.

I know lots of bloggers talk about blogging being a cathartic experience, but to me it isn't. It can be quite fun, sometimes, but a release of stress in and of itself? Sadly, no.

Ooo! I've just spotted a button at the top that says "Add image". Let's see if it works:

...lots of clicking later... Ok, so I finally worked out that the button opened a new window, rather than doing something in this window...

...more clicking ... but having uploaded my piccy, I can't find it. The other window says "once you have clicked "done", you can change your post and publish to your blog". Fine... except... What bloody "done"? There is no button called "done". Not in this window, not in that window, not even on my microwave. I looked. God, I hate IT technicians. They are the most evil, vindictive, malicious bastards ever to pollute God's green earth. Aaaagh!

Where is it? This is driving me crazy! Give me my damned picture, you sadists!

clicketty, clicketty, clicketty, clicketty, clicketty, clicketty etc...,

Oh, sod it, I give up. It was a nice picture of the family farm in Scotland, too

No comments: