Thursday, September 07, 2006

Time

Where does it all go? That’s what I want to know.

The weeks and months are just flying by. This last couple of weeks I have been outrageously busy, and no matter how much I seem to do, there is always more to achieve. Work expands to fill the amount of time available in which to do it…

Diet has been pretty poor this week as well, alas. I have been out at events at various people’s houses for the last few days, which, for various reasons, have all seemed to include eating a cooked breakfast.

Now, I love cooked breakfast, especially bacon and eggs. (In fact, I think I might even have already written about this on here before, but it might also have been somewhere else.) Bacon and eggs are one of those combinations where the value of the whole is worth more than the sum of the parts. If bacon earns you five pleasure points and eggs earn you five pleasure points, when you add them together you actually get twelve or fifteen pleasure points, not just the ten.

That probably makes no sense at all, but, I don’t have to make sense to other people. I know what I mean.

Going back to time, how the hell do other bloggers manage to find the time not only to write up reams of stuff on their blog each day, but also to read through sometimes dozens of other blogs as well? I struggle to find the time to write up my paltry offerings, let alone read a lot of others as well.

(This may not be a bad thing – I seem to be the kiss of death for blogs. With one notable exception (Hello TGIC – when I can be bothered to work out how to link o this thing, I will put one in…), whenever I start regularly reading a particular blog, the author commits bloggicide.)

Anyway, that’s enough for now. Off to Norfolk tomorrow, and then off to a fairly large Show for the weekend. Sadly work, not play. Sigh.

1 comment:

M.A.D. said...

She is?

I hadn't looked. She did drop out for a long time, though...