Monday, July 09, 2007

Back to where we started

Sigh. Weighed in this morning at 15st 10lbs. Bummer. Right back where I stared this blog.

Ho hum. Well, the main point is not to get dispirited and give up altogether. Keeping to the exercise schedule at the moment, so this should go down, rapidly, I hope. Onwards and upwards - well, downwards, as far as weight is concerned, I hope.

Went to visit my friends in Wales this weekend. Decided on the spur of the moment at 7.00pm on Friday night and by a quarter past midnight I was there. Marvellous. A friend said to me the other day "you are lucky just to be able to drive off all over the country and have places to stay" and she is right. I am very lucky. Sometimes I loose sight of that.

On my way down, I bought a copy of "
The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne, and read by the Author. It's a but full of hype and "California Woo-Woo" and she does have a irritating tendency to read in a overly done "drop-my-voice-in-tones-of-awe" manner that, for a stiff-upper-lip English type can be a bit wearing. However, that said, it does seem to make a lot of sense.

They make some pretty outrageous claims about what "The Secret" can achieve for you (pretty much, anything at all). Now if it were me, I would have toned that down a bit. If the secret can achieve anything at all, let that be a nice surprise, or reveal it to more advanced initiates or let them work it out for themselves.

However, I suspect that claiming that from the outset is going to give a lot of people credibility problems, and as the system is pretty much built on self-belief, that’s not necessarily a good start.

However, that said, it still makes an awful lot of sense, and I have already started including it in my life.

Watch this space.

No comments: