Friday, August 11, 2006

Feeling better

Got up this morning (a struggle) and actually enjoyed my exercise this morning (yay!). Could have something to do with the Chinese take-away that I shared with some friends last night though. More energy in the old system? Not sure. I’ll have to see how it goes after the weekend.

Yep. I’m off for the weekend again. This will involve a lot of riding, a lot of drinking and a certain amount of eating unhealthy food. Shall I say what I’m doing? Yeah, why not? I will be riding cavalry in a battle re-enactment – something that I have been doing for over 20 years now. Of all the things I do, and, believe me, I fill my life, these weekends give me the most pleasure.

So I won’t be back until Monday to see whether the exercise is as enjoyable.

On Monday, I also have to go to Gatwick Airport to pick up a friend who is flying in from South America. Well, that’s gonna be fun. Hey ho – life goes on. Fuck ‘em – that’s what I say.

Other news, I have just joined the digital era. I have invested in a set-top-box for my TV. This means that instead of just the big five terrestrial channels, I can now pick up the free digital channels as well. Hmm, now for someone who hardly watches any TV, this might seem like an odd thing to do.

However, my reasoning goes that, as I was saying previously, if I want to stop getting bored whilst on the cross-trainer, I need stuff to watch. This little gizmo doesn’t just pick up the programmes; it also has a built-in hard drive that will record up to 40 hours of programmes, so that I can be sure of having something to watch when I want to watch it.

Now this didn’t come cheap. Instead of the 40-odd quid that a set-top box usually costs, this one cost a hundred and forty. However, that said, it didn’t really, because I used my Tesco clubcard vouchers to buy it.

(Tesco being a supermarket, and Clubcard being its loyalty reward scheme. Each quarter, they send you vouchers based on one penny per pound spent. These last for two years. I tend to hoard them for two years and then buy something that I wouldn’t normally buy. This time, the two years worth had amounted to over £240, so I bought the set top box. The previous time, I spent £100 worth on a dual DVD/VCR recorder. What will I buy next time? Who knows…?)

So there we go. Off for the w/e. Back Mon.

No comments: