Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It gets difficult to think of titles sometimes...

So, another day, another salad…

Well, actually, that ain’t technically true. Today I haven’t had a salad yet, but I will probably have one for dinner.

So, in the morning, I got up and had a glass of very weak Kombucha Cordial and some Psyllium husks. Yum, yum, yum. Worth getting out of bed for, you must surely agree. (Actually, to be totally honest, they ain’t that bad.)

Then on to the cross-trainer for a 30 minute blast. 10 minutes on setting 2, 5 minutes on setting 4, 10 minutes on setting 6 and then 5 minutes on setting 3. Seems to be pretty good at the moment. Gets me into a good sweat.

Then this is followed by crunches. Front, both sides and reverse. I have been doing 50 of each, but today I upped it to 100 off each, because I was not feeling any pressure with the 50 any more. For some reason, even though I do have something of a paunch, I have always had pretty strong gut muscles. Maybe it’s something to do with the horse riding – I don’t know.

While this lot is going ion I will drink at least a pint of water.

Then it’s off for a bath and a smoothie. This morning it was a nectarine, a banana, a handful of blueberries, half a dozen raspberries and four spoons of live low-fat yoghurt. Not bad.

Lunchtime was a couple of hard boiled eggs and some olives.

Now, I have just had another pint of water and some more yummy fibre stuff.

Later this evening, I am off to have supper with a friend who is going through some fairly hard times at the moment, so I am going to take her out for a meal and a couple of drinkie-poos. Well, I won’t be having the drinkie-poos, of course, because I am driving, but then again I’m not the one that needs them…

And when, I go out, I’m going to have a salad. Yes, indeed I am. Yup.

1 comment:

Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

An interesting blog... I just stumbled across it via the "next blog" button.

I'm in a similar situation -- getting older and sort of fighting the bulge. Until I read some of your stories, I didn't know what a "stone" was, or how much it weighed. But, after Googling it, I see that it is equivalent to 14 of our American pounds. So, I now know that I probably weigh about 15 stone, 10 pounds -- not too much more than you. (However, I'm shorter, which is bad news for me, I guess.)

I don't blog much about my efforts to trim down, though occasionally I do rant about how pathetic I am -- this post, for example. Anyway, good luck in reaching your goal. My own is about 13 stone, 3 pounds.