Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Back from the north...

Well, it’s been a while since my last entry, but this is because I’ve been away from the computer, not because I’m giving up. A long weekend spent in sunny Scotland, with my parents. Marvellous.

Weighed myself this morning. Back down to 15st 8lbs. Well, it’s better than 15st 9lbs, but it’s not exactly going to win me any slimmer of the year awards.

That said, however, my belt seems to be looser. Note to self: remember to get a tape measure and start measuring size as well as weight.

No! Not that sort of size. Clean your mind out! That is definitely not the sort of measuring that I have in mind, not least because the rule seems to be measure in centimetres and claim that it’s inches… I mean, where the heck do some of these guys measure from? Their Knee? Their Coccyx? Half way up their back?

Anywayyyy, moving swiftly on, I had a good weekend in Scotland. Went to a local Highland Games on the Saturday afternoon and to a folk festival in the evening. It has to be said, traditional Scottish country music rocks, big style. There were all sorts of people at the festival and all sorts of bands – but the one that got everyone together and got them jumping was the traditional ceileidh band. Five young lads (fiddle, pipes, accordion, guitar and drums) playing traditional music fast and furious. Brilliant.

Walked in the hills on Sunday. Lots of uppey-downey stuff and worked up a good sweat, so hopefully that will have counted as exercise. Spent all day Monday and Friday in the car, so no exercise, but also did not eat much, so all in all, should not have been too much of a gain.

Got up and did my routine this morning. Boy, oh boy, did I not want to? No, I didn’t! I absolutely, bloody hated it. Felt fairly righteous when I had done it, but my lying-in-bed self did not want to yield possession of the body this morning.

If I could find some way to assassinate lying-in-bed self, then this would all be a lot easier.

No comments: