Wednesday, July 12, 2006

So here we are. This is my first ever attempt at a blog.

What is it about? Well, it's called "Middle Age Dread" because as a 41 year old male who is, as far as he is aware, pretty healthy I have come to the realisation that I need to be more responsible if I want to stay that way. I am, I would guess, already over the crest of the hill in lifeline terms, so I need to get a grip now and try to make sure that I don't fall apart completely.

My middle aged dread is of imminent middle aged spread.

So, something about me. I am 6'1" tall and I weigh 15st 10lbs . That is wayyy to much - an came as a big shock to me when I jumped on my newly acquired scales. I thought I was a whole stone lighter than that!!!

Oddly enough, however, I carry it relatively well. I have something of a pot belly (which I can still pull in) and my man-breasts seem to outstretch Jordan's in my eyes, but I am told by those whose word I trust that I don't look that fat.

Alas, I fear that "not that fat" is not quite as complimentary as I usually kid myself that it is.

Incidentally, I should point out at this point that you're going to have to take my word for this, because there aint not going to be no pictures on this blog - or at least not of me.... Anonymous is the name of the game. This is here for me to record my progress - if anyone ever looks at it, and I can't imagine for a moment why they would, then they will have to rely on the beauty of my prose, I'm afraid.

Unless, of course, I lose shedloads of weight, become super-fit and launch a new career as a fitness guru and millionaire fitness guide author - in which case when the current me is nothing but a memory, then I shall revel in the publicity of its demise. Until then, let caution be my watchword.

I lead a relatively active lifestyle - ish, I suppose. I ride horses a fair bit, and I walk the dog. I do however, sit on my butt in the office a lot, too.

I am single and live on my own. I cook relatively well for company, but can't be bothered to cook for myself.

I used to smoke 20+ a day until the beginning of this year (although I was a late starter, and probably only smoked that much for a couple of years, and didn't smoke at all until the new millenium).

That'll do for a first post. Let's see how it goes...

No comments: