Friday, July 14, 2006

Why is it that I just can’t get out of bed in the mornings? I mean, I just hate it. Even if I have one of my infrequent lie-ins and get loads of sleep, I still don’t like getting out of bed. I never want to get out of bed. Ever.

That said, I did get out of bed this morning and do my routine, but it was a struggle - and at least half an hour later than it was supposed to be.

And then some of the nectarines that I was planning to vaporise for my breakfast smoothie turned out to be going manky. Ick! However, I still managed to find a nectarine, a peach, a banana, some raspberries and some blueberries, so smoothiedom-ness was achieved.

However, I have to admit that feel fairly vibrant now. ‘Trouble is, even though I know it will make me feel better, my in-bed-self still doesn’t want to play. I sometimes think that my-in-bed self is an evil alter ego that manages to infiltrate my body when my mind is asleep. Many times when I need to get up for something – be it some thing important or something trivial, my in-bed-self turns off the alarm clock and sends me back to sleep.

Sometimes, especially when it is important, my in-bed-self takes advantage of my sleepy normal persona and starts very persuasive arguments why it’s not really necessary to get up at the time set on the clock. Half an hour later, when normal-persona finally takes control, it almost invariably reveals in-bed-self for the evil lying bastard that he is, and frenzied panic ensues to try to make up for the lost half-hour – which was, of course, necessary all along. Curse you, evil –in-bed-self persona!

I’m off to not one but two funerals today, and then I’m off for the weekend, so won’t be posting here ‘til Monday. Normal exercise regime and diet will be out of the window for the w/e, but plenty of exercise will be taken, including a fair amount of riding.

There will also be some fermented – and even, possibly, distilled – vegetable drinks partaken of, but only in moderation, of course…

No comments: