Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Struggles

This is not turning out to be a good week, so far.

Went down to London on Monday night to have dinner with my father and brother. I get on extremely well with my old man, and take every opportunity to spend quality time with him (and my mother) that I can. With me in my forties and them in their seventies, the sense that such opportunities are finite grows ever stronger.

So, fairly boozy evening on Monday, with ensuing hang-over on Tuesday, squashed the training on Tuesday.

Tuesday night, I was working behind the bar for a local charity event. Calorie-wise it was not a bad occasion, although I did drink a lot of diet coke, which is probably not the healthiest option in the world, even if it is relatively non-fattening.

However, I eventually got home at 4.30 this morning, so no early rise for exercise today either. Tonight I go to another event for an organisation that I help out with. Probably booze-free, but the BBQ might be a bit calorific.

I am hoping to get a session in on the cross-trainer before I go, but work commitments mean that this might not happen.

This change of lifestyle thing is not that easy…

No comments: